We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime cooking activity.
When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put in motion.
1. The woman buys the food.
2. The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables and makes dessert.
3. The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill with beer in hand.
4. The woman remains outside the obligatory, criticism free, three metres male only zone, where bonding activities can take place without female interference.
NOW, HERE COMES THE IMPORTANT PART:
5. The man places the meat on the grill.
6. The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
7. This is optional. The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she can bring another beer. The beer part is not optional.
8. The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.
9. The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauce and brings them to the table.
The man has another beer.
10. After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
11. Everyone praises the man and thanks him for his superb cooking skills.
12. The man asks the woman how she enjoyed her "night off cooking", and, upon seeing her reaction, concludes that there's no pleasing some women.
13. After a few more beers, he, foolishly perhaps, thinks this could be a good time to ask about the possibility of a nice meal.