Wednesday 1 April 2009

Children talk about love

Love is what makes you smile even when you're tired.
Terry - age 4


Love is when you kiss all the time and when you get tired of kissing you still want to be together and talk.
Emily - age 8


Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on after-shave and they go out and smell each other.
Karl - age 5


Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.
Chrissie - age 6

When my grand-mother got arthritis, she couldn't bend down to paint her toe-nails anymore so my grand-father does it for her, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love.
Rebecca - age 8


When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.
Karen - age 7


You really shouldn't say "I love you" unless you mean it. But if you do mean it you should say it a lot. People forget.
Jessica - age 8


I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out to buy new ones.
Lauren - age 7


Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you've left him alone all day.
Mary Ann - age 4


Love is when Mummy sees Daddy smelly and dirty and still says he is handsomer than Brad Pitt.
Chris - age 7


Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.
Jimmy - age 7


and my own personal favourites:

When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.
Billy - age 4


Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.
Bobby - age 7


If you want to learn to love, you should start with a friend who you hate.
Nicky - age 6


We could do with a few more Nickys on this planet.

7 comments:

  1. That was great. Thanks Brownlie - made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love is when walking my grandson down the stairs and he stopped and looked up at me and said..Grandaddy I really love my mummy and daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Brownlie, I feel better already.

    Awe Niko, that will live in your heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love is the clunk of a tiny chin hitting the top of your head, as they fall asleep sitting on your shoulders when you are carrying them home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Och brownlie this is lovely, sniff x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Very good...loved it
    Happy Easter to ya all

    ReplyDelete